AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is the medical school of AMA Education System (AMAES). It is housed in AMA College Makati, which is strategically located at the heart of Makati City, the Philippines’ financial and business capital where the highest concentration of multinational, transnational and local corporations and international organizations and embassies hold their offices. The AMASOM office is at the 8th floor of AMA College Makati, which is located at 5486 South Superhighway, Bangkal, Makati City.
AMASOM has several facilities that are used for enhancement of students’ clinical and practical skills including laboratories for Histology, Gross Anatomy, Microbiology, Parasitology, and Pathology. Students perform hands-on dissection of cadavers in Gross Anatomy. These facilities as well as classrooms for Medicine students are situated at the 7th floor of the AMA One Building.
In summary, AMASOM is a student-centered Medicine school with the following features:
- Four-year integrated curriculum with an ideal faculty-to-student ratio
- Clinically oriented and problem-based method of teaching and learning
- Non-traditional lecture and instructional modules
- Hands-on anatomy dissection
- Faculty established in their chosen fields of specialization and in the academe
- Affordable, flexible payment schemes
- Affiliated with government hospitals and private health institutions
- Outstanding facilities and resources conducive to learning
The MD degree at AMASOM is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) as equivalent to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree similarly offered in the UK, Australia, India and other Commonwealth countries. After their MD graduation from AMASOM, Indian students will be given a license to practice in India similar to the MBBS doctors from India after completion of licensing formalities with the MCI.
Tuition fees – Rupees 262500/year (Average)
Living cost – Rupees 125000/year (Average)