As such there are no disadvantages of studying medicine abroad .It all depends from student to student whether he quote them as a advantage or disadvantage.Later,in this blog we are going to discuss some points which are commonly considered as disadvantage of studying medicine abroad. Still one must have a reason or answer to the question why or why not study abroad??. The biggest disadvantage of studying medicine abroad from Indian perspective is after MBBS they have to appear for a test called FMGE to practice in India. While apart from disadvantages of studying medicine abroad ,there are advantages as well like,full exposure to modern technology used or invented in treating humans,modern equipment and Laboratory.
What are the disadvantages of studying medicine abroad are quoted below:-
- Language barrier – If you choose to study in a non-English country, and the courses are not taught in english ,then it is going to turn as the biggest problem .keeping up with your education and dealing with the surrounding will become a real challenge. So this is something which seems to be one disadvantage of studying medicine abroad and should be definitely considered before going to abroad. As adaptig to new culture is not that easy.
- Recognition of your degree by other countries:- This something on which every next person needs to do his/her homework very well. It is going to be worthless if the validity of your degree holds in few country only. In India, MBBS degree holders from outside India have to go through a test called FMGE ,that to only if your university was registered with Medical council of India(MCI).So this next important disadvantage of studying medicine abroad. Look for the valid accreditation of the program your’re opting or going to opt in future.
- Employment after education:- Work visa are not easily issued in many countries .After spending truckloads of money and putting your time and effort,you would want to work back in the same country to earn back atleast some of the amount you spent to get the degree. So this turns out to be the next biggest problem and disadvantage of studying medicine abroad.
- Reverse culture shock:- After spending a long time in abroad and returning to your home town ,then it might be problem for you to settle down back in your country.You’re beliefs might clash back with your family members and friend. You’re way of living and thinking definitely changes.
- Expensive:- This is an disadvantage of studying medicine abroad which must be discussed.Due to lack in knowledge in this particular field, student sometime end up just because of carrying a myth of studying abroad is expensive and out of budget. It is true no doubt but for mbbs there are country’s from you can get a MBBS degree within 20-30 lakh including ,college fee and living cost for entire course duration.
Career Growth is one such organisation which is working in clearing this myth of Indian students.Indian student ending up with low NEET exam score mostly go for BDS or other same level courses. There are already a lot of colleges in India which are target and some are left by the student .Like college at state level which are also registered with Medical council of India as well.
Career growth is helping students for admissions in Abroad for MBBS for countries such as China, Philippines, and Georgia. Career growth is one stop shop which helps in services such as University selection, Genuine Counselling, Application, visa and after visa services.
For Further information visit our website or contact us.